Innophos – Geismar, LA
This EHS Manager will be responsible for policies concerning safety in the workplace as they relate to Federal government policies (OSHA). The EHS manager is responsible for developing and delivering employee safety training programs such as lockout/tagout, confined space, office safety and fall protection. This position is also responsible for record keeping and reporting of all OSHA based training activities and for developing annual training schedules for employees. This position will be responsible for maintaining the training records to be presented at any OSHA audit. The EHS manager is responsible for investigating near misses and incidents when they occur, and also for scheduling safety inspections. This position is responsible for environmental reporting as required by EPA and other regulatory agencies and the Company.
- Writes, implements and maintains EHS policies and procedures in compliance with company, local, state and federal rules and regulations
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemical, toxins, equipment and other materials
- Prepares studies and analysis of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventive measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented
- Provide information, signs, poster, barriers and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions
- Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence of organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations
- Complies and submits accident report require by regulatory agencies
- Oversees the administration of Worker’s Compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time
- Prepares and arranges safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs
- Manage and prepare SDS for the products we sell
- Maintains safety files and records
- Perform environmental inspection to comply with the Company and regulatory requirements
- Follows all environmental, health and safety protocols.
- Provides support for all safety and environmental initiatives.
- Proactively attempts to prevent all accidents and eliminate all unsafe conditions.
- Demonstrates management’s commitment to safety.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Industrial Safety or related field
- 10 years of experience as an EHS Manager in a manufacturing environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to train, present and follow up on recommendations, self- motivation, able to learn compliance job requirements and understanding of complex government documents, Environmental, Health and Safety trained with CFR 29, 1910 General Industry OSHA Labor, Hazmat and/or Hazwopper training a plus, knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer programs
Environmental and/or Physical Requirements (if applicable)
- Frequent plant field visits that require protective clothing & personal devices: Safety shoes, hard hat, safety glasses, earplugs, mask, goggles, insulated gloves, safety vest, harness, hair net, slicker suit, self-contained breathing apparatus
Innophos is a leading international producer of specialty ingredient solutions that deliver far-reaching, versatile benefits for the food, health, nutrition and industrial markets. We leverage our expertise in the science and technology of blending and formulating phosphate, mineral and botanical based ingredients for our customers.
Our people are the heart of our organization and the foundation of our success. We are driven by our core values of safety, diversity, integrity and collaboration.
Headquartered in Cranbury, New Jersey, Innophos has manufacturing operations across the United States, in Canada, Mexico and China and sells into over 70 countries.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Visit Innophos.com > Careers to apply.