Our client has a great opportunity for an Industrial Hygienist who is ambitious and wants career advancement… Directly working and being mentored under the IH Division Manager of a well – respected / progressive consulting company in Baton Rouge, LA. This full-time position offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, bonus, attractive benefits, relocation assistance, and much more …
The challenge is learning and applying both a variety of new & existing skill sets that includes; project and technical management; proposals, work plan and report writing; quality assurance and quality control functions; field work, including interior and exterior projects in all weather conditions; and, travel as required to meet client/project needs. This strategic position will fit an individual who wants to prove themselves, move up in a leadership Project Management role … and be groomed to manage and buildup an existing regional office! If you are qualified and interested – we need to talk and apply NOW.
- Working knowledge of the applicable federal, state and local regulations applicable to industrial hygiene, indoor air quality, asbestos, and lead-based paint activities, including, but not limited to; States of Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi environmental regulations.
- Maintain required asbestos, mold, lead and other industrial hygiene registration, certification, and licensing in multiple states.
- Perform on-site inspections for environmental and industrial hygiene hazards in industrial, commercial, and public buildings. Activities will include the preparation of detailed inspection reports. This could include chemical exposure, noise, heat stress, dust, silica, and ventilation testing.
- Performs IH activities including but not limited to identification, assessment and control of potential chemical, physical and biological hazards in the workplace.
- Ensures that occupational health practices and regulatory requirements are implemented
- Oversees the maintenance, calibration and inventory of various types of Industrial Hygiene equipment
- Experience in industrial hygiene activities at various industrial sites and requires experience with commercial and public building inspections.
- Provide technical assistance and support; project design support, site work plan support, air sampling expertise and general industrial hygiene department support.
- Provide on-site technical project management and air sampling services during environmental hazard abatement and industrial hygiene projects. Activities will include the preparation of detailed inspection reports, in accordance with our client’s (SOPs).
- Prepare detailed technical written reports providing results of industrial hygiene services.
- Prepare detailed written proposal for services as directed or requested.
- Review project reports as directed or requested for compliance with our client’s protocols.
- Bachelor of Science Degree preferred…or other degree.
- Willingness to relocate for job assignments/ approximately 20% plus travel…
- Ability to work well in at team environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to facilitate, manage, and coordinate with clients (accountability)
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation) and interpersonal skills with both team & clients.
- State-specific licensure in industrial hygiene related disciplines is required, including asbestos, lead, and if required indoor air quality licensure. A valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance are required. This position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule as project needs dictate.
- Five years of industrial hygiene experience…strong field experience.
- Minimum of three years of asbestos, lead, and indoor air quality experience
- Would prefer the candidate have the proper accreditations with LDEQ in the asbestos and lead disciplines
- Technical writing skills and aptitude.
Note: Must pass a standard physical exam, background check, and have a valid driver’s license & vehicle insurance… qualify for obtaining a TWIC card. Sorry, No Sponsorship is offered by our client.
George J. Martin (principal)
GM and Associates